Ready in 25 minutes
Serves 3-4 people
• 1lb lean ground chicken
• 2 TBSP unsalted chicken stock or water
• 1 TBSP + 1 tsp fish sauce (half if sensitive to fish sauce)
• 1 shallot (very thinly sliced)
• 2 TBSP fresh lime juice
• 2 -3 TBSP roasted rice powder
• Handful of chopped cilantro
• 1 green onion chopped
• Chili powder to taste
• Chili flakes to taste
• ¼ cup torn mint leaves (optional)
• Lettuce cups, sliced cucumbers, and fresh green beans for serving
1. Add unsalted chicken stock or water to a large sauté pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Add ground chicken and 1 tsp of the fish sauce, stirring constantly to break up the meat into a mince. Cook thoroughly.
3. Remove from heat. Using the same pan as a mixing bowl, add the shallots and allow them to wilt slightly.
4. Add remaining fish sauce, lime juice, chili powder/flakes, and roasted rice powder. Stir thoroughly.
5. Last, add green onions, cilantro, and stir to mix.
6. Plate minced chicken salad and sprinkle with mint leaves (optional)
7. Serve alongside fresh vegetables such as lettuce cups, sliced cucumbers, and fresh long green beans.
• If not serving immediately, hold the roasted rice powder and mix in just before serving.
• Start with half the recommended fish sauce if unfamiliar with the flavor.
• You can find ready-to-go roasted rice powder at most international markets.