The New Beginnings Center provides individualized life coaching, personal development, nutrition education and specialized group fitness training sessions for low-income women for one year. Our program allows women to gain the knowledge and skills needed to build and sustain a healthy lifestyle for the long-term. Each client will experience a holistic approach to wellness with programs that are designed and tailored to meet their individual needs. Clients will learn how to increase mindfulness, set outcome and healthy behavior goals, change their self-concept and practice self-kindness. Clients will create personal mission statements and set meaningful personal goals as well. Foundational nutrition habits will be taught as well as healthy cooking, shopping for healthy foods on a budget and education related to how to access healthy foods. In the area of fitness, each client will receive a doctor’s approval for the program, will be assessed individually by a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and will have fitness and nutrition programs designed to meet their wellness needs. Clients will meet in 36 sessions with the coaches and body weight, BMI, waist circumference and improvements in health markers will be measured and tracked. Self image, nutrition, and healthy living habits surveys will be taken before and after the 36 sessions to measure progress.
The coaches will continue to monitor clients progress for one year and clients will return to TNBC for follow up after the Phase I 36 sessions of the program is completed. During Phase II clients attend group exercise classes and monitoring of compliance to program foundation activities led by a coach for 3 to 9 additional months (39 Sessions) and are encouraged to implement the wellness activities daily and work in support teams to help each other comply to the foundational wellness principles of the program. At the end of a year, follow-up outcomes are measured.
Strength and Physical Training
- Provide systematically designed strength and conditioning programs – customized for each trainee’s current ability and needs
- Apply progression protocols and testing procedures so each client advances their training at the appropriate time and in a safe and effective manner
- Offer experienced personal coaching and feedback during every workout – measure and track each individual client’s success in all areas of wellness
- Educate clients on the Whys and Hows of proper training so that we empower them, rather than enable them
- Provide each client with the tools to shop for healthy foods on a budget, plan their food prep and shopping trips, and provide them with the information needed to set themselves up for success and make the best nutritional choices possible within their life situation.
- Teach sound principles versus common myths regarding diet and weight loss, explaining the whys and hows
- Monitor client adherence to their specific nutritional program and provide consistent feedback for improvement
- Help clients establish meaning and purpose in their daily lives – teaching principles to be practiced and lived by daily.
- Provide a setting in which people can learn from each other’s experiences and help in their own – and each others – personal growth
- Provide tools with which clients can develop life plans and set goals for improving their overall wellness in mind, body and spirit. Clients will create vision boards, mission statements, and will complete a survey on their wellbeing upon entry and completion of the program.
Women are eligible if they...
- Meet the income requirements
- Submit an application with all supporting application documents,
- Are willing to commit 12 months to the program
- Have the desire to become healthier and make a positive change in their life
Classes are held every evening and Saturday mornings at the New Beginnings Center, 509 Craighead Street, Suite 100, Nashville, TN 37204
Phase 1 Classes - Tuesday & Thursdays
Phase 2 Classes - Monday & Wednesday at 6PM, Saturday morning at 9AM