The New Beginnings Center (TNBC) is dedicated to providing a targeted solution to the health, wellness and obesity challenges facing Tennessee women.
- New Beginnings is a place where women – whatever their age, background or income – can embark on programs that allow them to achieve new levels of fitness, strength, well-being and confidence.
- Through these accomplishments, women learn what it takes to be healthier and stronger in mind and spirit, as well as body – and become empowered to take on the challenges of their lives and to build futures.
- Scholarships to Tennessee women for New Beginnings’ services include strength and fitness training, nutritional education and personal empowerment classes. These scholarships will be provided based on need, income level and each applicant’s willingness to partner with – and commit to – the programs offered.
- Scholarship support will be provided through sponsored grants or individual gifts to TNBC. Annual scholarship awards will be based on donations received and the capacity of TNBC to serve those women who qualify.
- These 12-week workshops will focus on healthy choices for nutrition, activity/exercise, body image and self-confidence wile under the supervision of highly qualified certified personal trainers.
- Scholarships will be renewed based on progress toward measurable goals and available funding. Progress will be measured weekly, with coaching provided to guide and track goals. Each client will receive her own written assessment and will be expected to partner in the steps needed to achieve agreed-upon objectives.
To qualify for a scholarship from New Beginnings, the following requirements must be met
- All applicants will be selected based upon need and their willingness to partner with New Beginnings in achieving measurable goals and will be selected by board committee.
1. You must have a demonstrated need for our services:
- Written doctor’s recommendation
- Personal goals statement regarding your wellness objectives
2. Gross household income up to 150% of current HUD 2017 income levels. Sliding scale fees are applicable for incomes more than 150%*. Please submit the following for scholarship or sliding scale review:
- Copies of 2 Most Recent Tax Returns
- Copies of 3 Months of Most Recent Pay Stubs
3. Willingness to partner
- Willingness to attend two sessions a week for three months in phase 1
- Willingness to attend two to three sessions a week for three to nine months in phase 2
- Willingness to commit to progress evaluations and measurements for up to one year
Please fill out the application below:
Additional Documents Needed
Please submit copies of the following required documents with your application:
- Personal goals statement regarding your health & wellness objectives
- Copies of prior two years tax returns
- Copies of payroll checks from the past three months
- Written doctor’s recommendation letter (see form below)
Please submit these to via secure email to firstname.lastname@example.org - or - mail to:
The New Beginnings Center, 905 Craighead Street, Suite #100, Nashville, TN 37204
Now Accepting Applications
Next Session: 1/9/2018 – 3/29/2018
Meets Weekly: Tuesday & Thursday evenings at either 5:30PM, 6PM, & 6:30PM
Application Deadline: 12/29/2017
We have satellite programs on the West Side at St. Luke's Community House as well as on the East side at Martha O'Bryan. Contact us for more information. 615-432-2725.
Apply for the satellite locations via the Online Application form above.